Heating & Air Conditioning Co.
Choosing a Contractor
Nine Attributes of a Quality HVAC Contractor
- A Quality Contractor is up to date on the newest developments in equipment, technology, and design procedures in order to choose and install a system which will be the most efficient and most reliable system for you.
- A Quality Contractor listens to your problems and cares about your comfort, attempting to find out if any rooms are too drafty or dry during the winter, or too hot and damp during the summer.
- A Quality Contractor can help determine if your home or building is prone to indoor air pollution problems due to organic resins or vapors, poor air turnover, or high humidity.
- A Quality Contractor is concerned about protecting the environment. A Quality Contractor won't release refrigerant into the atmosphere and is trained and certified in the proper techniques for recovering, recycling, reclaiming, and disposing of used refrigerant.
- A Quality Contractor will show you how to care for your system on a day-to-day basis-for example, how to change the filter and how to operate the thermostat.
- If a new system is necessary, a Quality Contractor will perform a load calculation, explain any changes which might be necessary in your duct system, and present options to help you make the best decision regarding replacing your old system.
- A Quality Contractor offers planned preventative maintenance service to maximize the life of your equipment, and honors the terms of the warranty on the equipment throughout the warranty period.
- A Quality Contractor does not offer prices as the only consideration. While it is a major factor, there are often valid reasons for price differences.
- A Quality Contractor will follow up with you to make certain that you are satisfied with the service and with your new system.